Lee Clarke – Regional Director Northern Hemisphere – outlines the challenges and explains the powerful role workforce management has to play.
RICHMOND-UPON-THAMES, SURREY, UNITED KINGDOM, July 12, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — Bringing together two different companies is rarely easy. The first step is to understand the common challenges that organizations encounter during times of transformation. Start by focusing on the critical pain points to make the transition as smooth as possible, for example:
• Fear and uncertainty – poor communication around the benefits of change can de-motivate staff and prompt them to look for alternative employment. Good communication can help to settle nerves and maintain productivity.
• It’s not just about people – staffing requirements need to be combined with physical assets such as buildings, vessels and other equipment, as well as essentials such as the timely availability of travel documentation and correct qualifications to deliver compliant, successful projects on time and on budget.
• Projects and people are complex and global – on the upside consolidation can allow organizations to bid for larger projects requiring increased financial commitment along with a wider range of equipment and resources. However, there is a need to know what vessels and other resources to retain and which to dispose of to maintain profitability.
• Stabilize the business post merger or acquisition – while one motivation for mergers can be consolidation and growth another can be to counter the cyclical nature of the offshore industry by the addition of a variety of skills and equipment to meet, for example, diversity capability and other challenges.
The next step is to address these consolidation challenges by using technology to drive efficient workforce planning across all operations.
The unifying effect of workforce management technology
Unification is where the innovation in Workforce Management (WFM) comes into its own. It can actively consolidate the three significant capabilities of workforce management – deployment, workforce compliance and business planning, within a collaborative environment to gain back control during times of significant change. Automation removes duplicated effort and reduces the administration burden of merging two disparate organizations. It streamlines processes to encourage consistent ways of working and promotes collaboration.
Take advantage of the following six capabilities of WFM to bring order out of chaos:
1. Global view – the latest WFM solutions link seamlessly with strategic HR and project management systems to capture and store all critical information in one place and provide a clear and single view of resource and equipment around the world.
2. Find the right people – use your WFM to generate a complete and accurate skills matrix that captures the experience and qualifications of all staff, matches them to new job roles and identifies any skills gaps.
3. Then keep them! – to keep staff focused on their job and stay motivated, start by communicating positive aspects of the new combined company or partnership. Where possible, maintain business as usual with meaningful training programs and a clear career path. Then, empower staff to self-serve their working lives, state their individual preferences, locations, book time off and tap into dynamic data to gain visibility of what their colleagues are up to.
4. Round-the-clock optimization – see at a glance who you have and where you need to assign them, to maximize multi-skilled resources. Then use metrics and dashboards to measure the performance of projects and resources while the organization settles down.
5. Be in control to weather uncertainty – modern WFM solutions put offshore workers in complete control of their environment by providing easy but secure access to dynamic online data that supports fast and proactive decision-making. Managers can even use historic data to carry out ‘what if’ scenarios and develop the right-sized, right-skilled staffing plans before they go live for efficient cost control.
6. Take compliance management to the next level – automated scheduling of activity and resources provides organizations with valuable time to focus on safety and compliance – this is especially important as the new entity or partnerships becomes established.
Successful organizational consolidation and transformation starts with efficient workforce planning and the latest innovations in WFM to make it all happen.
For a full version of this blog, visit www.dynama.global
PR Artistry Ltd
+44 (0)1491 845553
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire